Line Dot Editions, Chicago’s break-through contemporary art gallery, invites emerging and established artists from Chicago and the larger Midwest area to submit work for a juried exhibition ‘Hot Fun in the Summertime.’ This is an unparalleled opportunity to gain exposure and build meaningful relationships in the art community, both on the local level as a Chicago-based exhibition and on an international level via the gallery’s web presence. Artists of all backgrounds working in any medium are welcome to apply. After the submission deadline on June 2nd, a panel of six judges will evaluate all completed applications and choose 20 winning artists. Selected artwork will be exhibited in a featured show running from July 19th until August 16th with an opening reception at the gallery.
Artists must submit all of the following to be considered:
- Images of 3-4 available works (less than 2MB per image) that have never been exhibited or offered for sale previously, submitted with title, medium, size, and price for each. Retail price for each submitted artwork must not exceed $1,000.00
- Brief artist statement/bio
- Links to website and Instagram account
- Submissions will be accepted via email only (no walk-ins) to email@example.com with the subject line ‘[First Name]_[Last Name]_Application’
June 2nd- Deadline for applications
June 16th- Selected artists notified
June 30th- Deadline for artwork delivery
July 19th- Opening reception for exhibition
August 16th- Exhibition closes
September 1st- All unsold artwork must be collected
- Artists must be 18 years or older and currently residing in the Midwest.
- Selected artists must promote the exhibition across all social media platforms.
- Artwork must be ready to display and be delivered to the gallery no later than June 30th.
- Artists will be responsible for collecting all unsold artwork between August 17th and September 1st. If an artist is unable to collect unsold artwork in-person, it is the artist’s responsibility to arrange and pay for return shipping.
- Artists are not allowed to collect work before the exhibition ends on August 16th, or make arrangements to sell selected artwork through another platform during the exhibition.
Line Dot Editions reserves the right to reject any artist/artwork at any time, for any reason.