The Arts & Music Department, located in the Harold Washington Library Center, is looking to schedule exhibits at Harold Washington Library Center beginning in the spring of 2019 and throughout the remainder of the year. Artists working in any visual media are encouraged to apply.
Selected artists will have an eight-week exhibition in either the 8th floor exhibit cases or the exhibit cases in the Popular Library on the ground floor.
Preference for exhibition will be given to artists willing to teach at least one art or craft class to adult library patrons as part of Makers on 8, a program of CPL’s Maker Lab. Previous workshops have included drawing, printmaking, watercolor, illustration, book making, collage and knitting, among other topics. Workshops are two to three hours with up to 12 adults. A small honorarium will be offered plus the cost of materials covered.
Exhibit Case Dimensions
8th Floor Exhibit Cases
* North upright exhibit case: (inside dimensions 57" wide by 62" tall by 17.25" deep)
* South upright exhibit case: (inside dimensions 57" wide by 62" tall by 17.25" deep)
* Two black flat cases: 58" long x 26" wide x 8.5" deep
* Two wooden flat cases: 26” wide by 54” long by 11” deep
Ground Floor, Popular Library
* Two upright cases with three lighted shelves, 50” wide by 70” high, shelves are 19” high (shelves are not removable)
Visual artists who live in Chicagoland (city and suburbs).
The Arts & Music Department is located on the 8th Floor of the Harold Washington Library Center, 400 S. State Street, Chicago 60605.
Please include the following with this application (all in one document if possible):
** Up to 20 images of previous work (files are to be in JPEG format (.jpg) saved in “high” or “fine” quality (72 to 150 dpi).
The following information can be attached as a PDF file Include a list of the image files in chronological order with the following information:
* Title (and file name)
* Date of completion
* Location (if applicable)
** A current resume or CV
** An artist statement
** A brief description of the proposed exhibit
** A brief description of the proposed workshop
Submission * Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, December 14th
* Decisions will be announced by January 2, 2019